Saturday 19 April 2014

How to decorate a small outdoor space

Today I decorated my other outdoor space. A small balcony to the front of the house. 
I decided to it needed to feel more homely and warm. 
First of all I added AstroTurf to the floor. Actually recycled this piece of turf from my other balcony from previous tenants. 
I then cut each section to fit. 
I then repaired the windowsill or window seal? 
I washed down the walls 
And added a small iron table for a coffee in the morning. 
With a small vintage stall. 
Key elements are short and thin pieces. Such as the stall. 
A chair made the space look small and claustrophobic. 

I then replanted the new hanging baskets with foilage and some flowers. 
I had an old plant pot already on the balcony of which I turned up the soil and planted some coloured foliage to add texture and warmth. After all plants are living! 

I finished with fire logs and candles. 
A yankee candle and some faux rose garland over a Moroccan lantern. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© NATHAN SLATE . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig