Saturday 28 February 2015

Receiving my sak yant.

I got mine in ayutayah. By ajarn oh. Ajarn kips son. 
It was quick and no pain. 

I believe the sak yant should cost next to nothing. In koh Sumai IT was expensive from one ajarn. But the benefit with ko Sumai is the ajarn talks to you. Teaches you and holds a ceremony for you. 

I went to talk to ajarn Panthep of koh Sumai. 
He taught me my element is fire. And showed me a sak yant suitable. I declined the sak yant purely because of the price. I felt even though ajarn Panthep was genuine and knowledgeable. He was awash with so many tourists he charged tourist price. It was lovely to speak to him. Learn about Buddhism with him. 
I left a donation and thanked him for the lessons. 

I still wanted my sak yant. 

Quickly- a sak yant is a sacred tattoo done by ajarns (teachers) or monks blessed by them and I still a magic into you. 


It's become a tourist attraction which means even though most sak yant experiences aren't false the prices are. 

I left koh Sumai to travel back north purely to find the magic I felt whilst up north. (South thailand has very little magic. More Chang beer and arsehole tourists)

I visited ayutayah. I found out that there was an ajarn and his son doing sak yant near to where I was staying. 

I ask a tuk tuk driver to take me there. I arrive am ushered up into a room full of budhist symbols and a shrine to Buddha. Given an english book of sak yant designs and there meaning. I chose one I felt drawn to. It's called kunpanchom tharod. the price much cheaper than ajarn 

I get mine done by ajarn oh. Ajarn kips son. 

He chants and applies the sak yant. I recieve blessing from his father ajarn kip and I leave. 

It was quick and painless. 
I recommend seeing ajarn Panthep in koh Sumai for teachings and insight but not for sak yant. 

Find an ajarn to apply sak yant away from the tourist trail. 

But only get it if you understand the whole concept and have learnt insight into Buddhism and the meanings of sak yant. 




P.s. If you get any sak yant done by a tattooist and not by an ajarn or monk you're a fool. Educate yourself.


See my video for more on my sak yant;-


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Great story and nice design!
    We are going to Koh Samui and wanted to visit Ajarn Panthep. What made you decide not to get a Sak yant tattoo there? How much was he charging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know a ajarn in chiang mai? who tattoo a woman e have a good higiene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d have got to consult with you here. Which isn’t some thing Which i do! I love reading an article that will get people to feel. Also, appreciate your allowing me to comment! مراحل التجنيس في تركيا

    ReplyDelete

© NATHAN SLATE . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig